NAVY LEAGUE OF THE UNITED STATES
DIRECTOR, MEMBER SERVICES
Ø DEPARTMENT OR OFFICE: Membership & Field Services
Ø SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Staff Vice President, Field Operations and Membership
Ø NATURE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Member Services, is to supervise and manage the Individual Membership Department. The Director of Member Services is responsible to the Staff VP of Field Operation and Membership for the efficient operations and the administration of programs and personnel, by:
· Developing new strategies for membership recruitment in coordination with Staff VP of Field Operation and Membership.
· Assisting with Navy League membership campaigns and retention of members, while also seeking a more youthful and diverse membership composition.
· Works in tandem with Staff VP to change and implement new policies for streamlining membership benefits, services and support programs.
· Involved in budget planning, which coincides with membership programming and is obligated to maintain member services within the limits of the budget.
· Supports member and council training in conjunction with the Field Services department; thereby, establishing and organizing a comprehensive training program centered on web based education. In person presentations, including informational and education briefs at council, area, and Regional meetings and council establishments as required by direct supervisor.
· Responsible for membership department database management and works in conjunction with the IT support staff to troubleshoot database problems. Researches database inquiries and requests. Research database knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
· Works with programmers to initiate changes and implements programs/database requirements needed by other departments.
· Works with Staff VP to create and implement membership campaigns.
· Works with the National Vice Presidents, committees and subcommittees to facilitate the selection of annual membership, council and youth awards.
· Works with Staff VP to oversee membership committee meetings.
· Directs the revitalization of councils and assists in the development and formation of new councils.
· Maintains committee and council rosters for communication throughout the organization.
· Coordinates website membership content, correspondence, direct mail recruitment campaigns, and reacquisition campaigns.
· Ensures capabilities and materials are housed for membership communications and mailings.
Ø BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS OF INCUMBENT:
A bachelor’s degree, BA or BBA or BS, from an accredited university. Successful experience in a membership organization and post college coursework would be preferred.
· Skill Requirements:
Management and Communication: High level communication and persuasive skills in order to assist in “selling” vision, processes and programs to help increase membership. Demonstrated proficiency and experience in quality customer service with high standards of timeliness and responsiveness.
Technical: Professional work products and presentations, access and use data systems, and to communicate effectively. Database trouble shooting, database query writing, workflow development, policy implementation and oversight, report writing, personnel management and marketing. Some experience and a keen understanding of the importance of integrating technology as a critical management tool.
· Relevant Experience: Minimum of five years’ membership and marketing experience with supervisory experience. Management of volunteer leadership, database migrations/upgrades, experience with managing web content and social networking as a tool for content messaging. Knowledge of credit card processing platforms. Association and/or nonprofit background required.
Ø POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Policy Formulation: Researches, suggests, and prepares recommendations for discussion material and agenda items for meetings. Determines best practices for maintaining communication between councils and HQ regarding training and executive support services.
· Planning: Responsible for developing plans in conjunction with the President’s Support/Operations budget formulation.
· Decision Authority: Reports to Staff VP Field Operations and Membership
· Budgetary Responsibilities: Assists National Executive Director as required. Significant development of the preliminary President’s Support budget. Identifies operational cost savings within budget and develops cost-saving strategies and policies.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.