We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Communications Specialist to assist with promotion of the Navy League and various communications campaigns throughout the year. The successful candidate will manage information, social media platforms, and overall communications media strategy, while identifying trends and understanding the best ways to utilize all communication platforms for a consumer/government-facing brand.
Assist with sales initiatives, fundraising efforts and media coverage. In these capacities, they may be asked to write press releases and assist with public relations functions.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Implement communications strategies around core campaigns and projects.
· Research and draft copy for print and digital channels, including interviewing, editing, and proofreading for colleagues and wider stakeholders.
· Work with the departments to research media stories, develop press releases, draft press materials and liaise with journalists as necessary.
· Research, maintain and update media lists and stakeholder contacts.
· Implement and manage a communications forward planning system.
· Ability to create top flight consumer facing social media presence.
· Build relationships with print and online influencers, especially those with deep social engagement.
· Real time, weekly social media reporting and analysis.
· Proven ability to build and grow followership and engagement.
· Develop and execute communications and social media calendars, including creative elements.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor's degree with 2-3 years cross-disciplinary experience.
Expertise with traditional communications and social media management.
Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
Outstanding communicator with strong writing skills and creative presentation skills.
Adaptable team player, with flexibility to execute on a range of projects.
Creativity and resourcefulness in developing and executing communications campaigns.
High integrity and trustworthiness.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Quick thinking, and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
Proven ability in establishing relationships with mainstream local and national reporters.
Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of the military protocol is preferred.